04 Jan Marketing Your Business – Starting the New Year out Right
When starting out the New Year, there are some marketing things that you should look at from prior years to see what worked for your business and what did not work. It is also time to look and see if any of your marketing materials need to be updated: pricing changes, products or information that have changed, new address, phone number or contact information, or just a fresh new look. A business card is your first impression and the most economical item to update and give a revamp to.
You also need to prepare for the New Year by deciding what events you will be participating in and if you will be sponsoring anything that you will need marketing pieces for. Below you will find a list of ideas and items that you may need to market your business effectively:
Events, Networking, Sponsorships or Trade Shows
Some of the items you may need to market your business are:
- A Table Drape – 3 or 4 sided and can be 1, 2 or full color imprint
- Banner – Hanging, Retractable, Floor or Table Top
- Display – Full Floor or Table Top
- Brochures, Flyers or Post Cards – Color or Black & White in a variety of sizes
- Give-Aways – Pens, Pencils, Coffee Mugs, Letter Openers, Key Chains, Etc.
- Entry Forms – for a drawing that will collect contact information of potential clients
- Embroidered or Silk Screened Apparel to wear to promote your business.
Marketing with Mailings
Some ideas to think about with mailings are the following:
- Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) – This is done with routes that are chosen through the US Post Office and have the lowest cost for mailing. You chose a size that is determined by the Post Office and print your message.
- Personalized Letters with Envelopes or Personalized Postcards – These are printed using either your own mailing list or by purchasing a mailing list and personalizing.
- Postcards with Magnets – These postcards have a magnet attached that can be used by the receiver in the coming months or years.
No matter what you choose to do to market your business, you need to be prepared and have items that give you the most professional image. Now is the time for you to create a marketing calendar and note what you will be attending or participating in so you will know what items you will need and be able to start working on those. You will also need to prepare for the costs associated with those items and create a budget for them.